Sunday, July 6, 2014

Review of Into the Veil

Jennifer R. McDonald has written an interesting and page-turning YA novel. The first sentence hooks you and the book flies by. She does a great job with world building by giving you just enough information without giving too much. It also helps that the main character is learning about the world as well as the readers so that the world building seems very natural.

There are some minor grammatical errors and unclear sentences. A few times I had to read a sentence more than once to figure out what was actually happening. The book also ends with a lot of loose ends which I personally find frustrating. I don't like it when each book in a trilogy can't stand on its own. That is just personal taste though and I am sure many others do like that.

Overall I really enjoyed Into the Veil and look forward to reading the second book. I would certainly recommend this book to anyone who is a YA or fantasy fan.

18590474

No comments:

Post a Comment