Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Laika in Lisan Review

4 out of 5 stars

Laika in Lisan is a well written and engaging book with a truly fabulous first couple of sentences. It grabbed me from the start! It is part fantasy, part political thriller. Laika is an educator picked to go to the neighboring country of Lisan on a mission to improve Lisan's university system. She is soon introduced to a country in turmoil where nothing is as it seems. Overall I really enjoyed the book.

The main character Laika is very likable and I could really related to her. At times she struck me a little inconsistent, but that might just be because of how much I related to her at other moments. I like that she wasn't perfect and in fact messes up in a big way. I like my characters a little flawed. We humans are all a little flawed, right?

I think Maron Anrow has written a fantastic first novel and I look forward to hearing more from her in the future.


22297168

No comments:

Post a Comment