Sunday, February 1, 2015

Crocodile on the Sandbank Review

3 out of 5 stars

Crocodile on the Sandbank is my first book by Elizabeth Peters. I enjoyed it and would definitely read more by her. I particularly enjoyed the feel of the book - I reminded me of the movie The Mummy, which I love.
Amelia Peabody is a great character, very feisty and stubborn. She seemed true to the times in her reactions which I understood, but which seemed a little overdone at times. The first half of the book moved slowly with setting up characters and setting the scene. Once the characters arrive at the archeological dig things start to pick up and the last quarter moves pretty quickly.
I would read more by Elizabeth Peters and I would recommend Crocodile on the Sandbank to fans of Cozy Mysteries.

188230

No comments:

Post a Comment