Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Beautiful Lies Review

3 out of 5 stars

Beautiful Lies is my first Lisa Unger book. Our main character Ridley Jones receives a letter from someone claiming to be her father. This letter opens a can of worms as Ridley starts looking into her family and her past. Beautiful Lies is well written and intriguing; however, for a thriller I found it rather un-thrilling. The style of writing contained several asides to the reader. Once or twice I would have found it powerful; however, the constant asides took me out of the action. Also the character often philosophizes about life. While this creates some great quotes, I felt it slowed the story and at times seemed didactic. In all I would read more by Lisa Unger and I did enjoy the story, but it isn't a great read for me.

171109

No comments:

Post a Comment