Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Day Before Review


 
Title: The Day Before
Author: Liana Brooks
Publisher: Harper Voyage Impulse
Pages: 304
Genre: Thriller
Format: Kindle
 
A body is found in the Alabama wilderness. The question is: Is it a human corpse ... or is it just a piece of discarded property?
 
Agent Samantha Rose has been exiled to a backwater assignment for the Commonwealth Bureau of Investigation, a death knell for her career. But then Sam catches a break - a murder - that could give her the boost she needs to get her life back on track. There's a snag, though: the body is a clone, and technically that means it's not a homicide. And yet, something about the body raises questions, not only for her, but for coroner Linsey Mackenzie.
 
The more they dig, the more they realize nothing about this case is what it seems ... and for Sam, nothing about Mac is what it seems, either.
This case might be the way out for her, but that way could be in a bodybag.
A thrilling new mystery from Liana Brooks, The Day Before will have you looking over your shoulder and questioning what it means to be human.
To Purchase The Day Before
 
I was born in San Diego. I've lived in Chicago, Denver, Florida, Kentucky, Texas, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, and Kansas. Mother always said there was a touch of gypsy in the blood. I write science fiction and SFR in a variety of forms. Sometimes I dabble in comic fantasy. I have a superhero romance series with Breathless Press and am represented by Marlene Stringer of Stinger Literary Agency.
 
For More Information
Visit Liana at her website
 
Review
5 out of 5 stars
 
The Day Before is a great read. I truly enjoyed it. CBI agent Samantha Rose is not fond of her post in the middle of nowhere. A new case may be the chance she was looking for to get out of the small town and into another posting. The case may not be at all as it appears. With the help of ME and fellow agent Mackenzie Sam will have to follow the case wherever it might lead.
 
I could not put this book down. I ended up staying up late in order to finish it. The writing is smooth and the storyline fast paced. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about the characters as the didn't resonate immediately with me. However, the characters grow throughout the book and the reader gains insight into the characters and their past. I have to say Mac was my favorite. I loved him!
 
I would definitely recommend this to fans of suspense and science fiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment