Sunday, September 21, 2014

206 Bones Review

4 out of 5 stars

This was one of my favorite Kathy Reichs books in recent years. I had gotten away from reading her for a while, and I only recently have jumped back into the Temperance Brennan series.

I always liked Brennan as a narrator. Her snarky and sarcastic tone speaks to me. I guess I relate to it. I think my internal monologue is a lot like that!

What I liked about 206 Bones in particular is that the book opens with Brennan hurt, tied, and in the dark - both literally and figuratively - she has no idea what happened or how she ended up there. I love books that have that tension from the very beginning, where you know it is going to get bad, but the book makes the reader try to figure out what happened. That is one of my favorite things in a mystery. (I mean I put it in my own novel so I must love it, right? small plug, sorry)

Plus, I learned how many bones are in the human body, 206.

https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1407077067l/5957702.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment