Saturday, September 20, 2014

Descent Review

5 out of 5 stars

One of the first Indie books I read and reviewed was Bloodline, the first book in the Forgotten Origins Trilogy by Tara Ellis. I loved it and posted my review of it here as well as on this blog a few months ago. I was honored when Tara asked me to be Beta reader for the last book in the trilogy, Descent.

In Descent, Alex, her friends, and family face a war for the planet's survival. Alex must find a way to accept her role in the war and as a leader.

What I loved about Descent is the growth shown by the characters and by the author. Alex learns to face the darkness within herself and rise above it. Some characters grow stronger under the pressure while others allow the tension to get to them. The division and connection between characters is part of what makes this such a compelling read.

There were lots of twists and turns, and I was honestly surprised by the ending. Ms. Ellis has crafted a well-thought, detailed, exciting world that engages reader. A recommended read for those who enjoy YA, sci-fi, or dystopian.



Descent will be released September 30. You can pre-order your copy on Amazon today!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the review, Becky! I'm very excited to get this last installment out. :)

    ReplyDelete